Unidirectional Flushing in Southwyck
The City of Pearland will be conducting a unidirectional flushing program in the MUD 1 area from 9/31/19 through 10/1/19 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The purpose of this operation is to conduct water line maintenance put forth by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to help provide quality water at superior standards. During this operation you may experience periods of lower than normal water pressure and discolored water. If you have any questions please feel free to call Public Works at 281-652-1900. Thank you for your patience during this operation.
This project is to clean out and remove any naturally occurring sediment in the waterlines, this can cause discoloration. The city is taking constant chemical analysis during this time to ensure the water is safe for human consumption. If the water inside the house is discolored here are some steps to take;
- Bypass any filter or water softening system
- Flush the cold water taps for up to 5 min. if the water does not clear up wait 30 min. and try again.
- Avoid using the hot water during this time to keep the sediments from building up in the hot water heater.
- Avoid using ice makers and water lines that run through the refrigerator.
- If the problem persist call Public Works (281)652-1900 and an operator will be sent out to investigate.