Sit-down, Dine-in Returns in Pearland with 25% Maximum Allowed Capacity
In accordance with Texas Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-18, starting at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, May 1st, 2020, restaurants (as well as other businesses listed in the order) are again allowed to operate dine-in service, provided that is done with up to 25% maximum of the total listed occupancy of the restaurant.
Health inspectors will also begin regular routine inspections of food establishments. Food establishments that have been closed during this time, Code Enforcement asks for your cooperation in preparing to re-open. Please ensure you:
- Discard any food supply that may have been kept off temperature in coolers and freezers
- Ensure your equipment is in working order
- Discard any expired food items
- Sanitize your entire establishment
- Follow the minimum recommended health protocols below
The minimum recommended health protocols include the following:
Employees and Facility Protocols
- Train all employees on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Screen employees before coming into the business:
- Send home any employee who has any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle Pain
- Feeling feverish or measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have employees maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Ensure your facility has soap, hot water, paper towels, and hand sanitizer readily available to employees and customers.
- Disinfect any items that come into contact with customers.
- Consider having an employee manage and control access to the restaurant, including opening doors to prevent patrons from touching door handles.
- Regularly clean and disinfect restrooms and document the cleaning.
Customer Service Protocols
- Parties to maintain at least 6 ft. distancing including while waiting to be seated.
- No tables of more than 6 people.
- Do not leave condiments, silverware, flatware, glassware or other traditional table top items on top of unoccupied tables.
- Provide condiments only upon request, and in single use (non-reusable) portions.
- Use disposable menus (new for each patron).
- If a buffet is offered, restaurant employees serve the food to customers.
- Contactless payment is encouraged. Where not available, contact should be minimized.
In addition, we strongly recommend the following proactive measures be implemented by your establishment.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all major touch points – menus, restrooms, chairs, booths, door handles, computer monitors, tables, glass, point of sale machines, etc.
- Nose and mouth covering masks and gloves
The City of Pearland understands the continued risk and economic concerns brought by Covid-19. However, we must remain vigilant in the important roles each of us play within our community. Please contact Code Enforcement with any questions or concerns by calling 281.652.1766, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For a full list of services eligible for reopening, refer to Executive Order GA-18. Additional information about these guidelines and everything else related to COVID-19 in Pearland, visit pearlandtx.gov/coronavirus.