The City of Pearland Animal Services and Adoption Center is here to protect animals and promote pet adoptions. We have a staff of ten professionally trained people who are dedicated to serving the public and local animals.
Services to the Community
- Educate and promote the benefits of spaying/neutering pets.
- Hold impounded animals that are stray, abandoned or quarantined.
- Provide support to residents and their pets during times of disaster.
- Offer pet adoption services to local pets.
- Microchipping to protect pets and ensure they always find their way back home.
View animals at
| shelter hours
Monday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Sunday: 1 - 4 p.m.
Viewing hours will always end 30 minutes before closing.
Register your pet
All residents who reside in the city limits must register their pets with the City of Pearland. Only five pets are allowed per household.There is an annual fee of $10 if your animal is sterilized and $30 if your animal is not sterilized. Proof of current rabies vaccination must be provided. The licensing documents (to register your pet) can be found at all local veterinarian offices or the Animal Control office or you can register your pet online.
Adopting a new friend?
When adopting a new furry friend, please take into consideration:
1. Is this the right pet for you and your family?
2. Do you have the time to commit to this pet?
3. Animals need to visit the veterinarian and receive vaccinations, can you afford this?
4. There are other expenses as well, such as food, cat litter, toys, treats, etc. These bundles of joy do come with a price tag, so can you handle the price?