FY 2018 - 2019 Proposed Budget Documents
- Notice of Public Hearing on the Proposed Operating Budget of the City of Pearland for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Materials for Budget Public Hearing
Budget meeting calendar:
- August 11 @ 8:30 a.m. - Budget Workshop
- August 20 @ 6:30 p.m. - Budget Workshop
August 27 - Budget Workshop(this meeting has been cancelled because questions were resolved in the August 20th workshop)
September 4 - Budget Workshop/1st Public Hearing(this meeting has been cancelled because the effective tax rate has been determined)
- September 10 @ 6:30 p.m. - 2nd Public Hearing
- September 17 @ 6:30 p.m. - 1st Reading of the Ordinance to adopt the Budget & Tax Rate / 1st Reading to adopt fee changes
- September 24 @ 6:30 p.m. - 2nd Reading of Ordinance to adopt the Budget & Tax Rate / 2nd Reading to adopt fee changes
- Capital Improvement Program
Excerpt from City Manager Clay Pearson's Budget Transmittal Letter
"We opened the expanded Centennial Park and are soon to see the first phase of Independence Park open. There’s a fire station relocation set to open in the next twelve months and the new Shadow Creek large fire station readying for October 2019. We are adding more police officers and command is deploying those valuable resources for the best results on a daily basis, in addition to staffing the variety of specialized police units and support civilians that are critical to field operations. The upcoming budget year is operationally very tight. However, we are in a strong overall position for serving this dynamic and diverse community, and we will continue to invest to provide our residents the brightest future possible."
Read the complete budget transmittal letter.