The following information is provided to assist with the plan submittal process for fire protection systems. In order to expedite the process, please adhere to the following guidelines.
• Complete a Fire Permit Application
• Complete a Plan Review Submittal Checklist
On a CD or USB in PDF format, please include the following:
• Copy of fire protection and technician License
• Copy of Insurance
• Manufacturer cut sheets for all fire protection systems
• Battery calculations for fire alarm system
• Hydraulic calculations for fire sprinkler system
• Insurance Services Office report for fire sprinkler plans
• Plan review fees are due with submittals to the Permits office, the plan review fee is half the permit fee.
• Depending on workload, the plan review turn-around time for completion is 10 business days.
Construction of fire alarm, automatic sprinkler, or specialized fire extinguishing systems prior to review and approval of all plans by the Fire Marshal’s Office WILL NOT be inspected, tested, or accepted. Such installations are in violation of the City of Pearland’s Ordinance No. 1209, Section 108.2, and will result in double permit fees and citations.
• Any changes, modifications, addendums, and/or architectural supplemental instructions to the approved set of plans after date of approval require re-submittal and approval through the Permits Office.
• The stamped set of plans specifications must remain on the job site until final inspection by the Pearland Fire Marshal’s Office.
If you have any questions regarding Fire Plan Reviews, please contact the office at 281.997.4650.