Fire Training Activities
- October 13 - 15, 2016 Rope Rescue Awareness and Operations Course.
- November 14, 2016 Multi-Lead Medics 12 Lead ECG Course (8 hours) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Register for class.
- November 15, 2016 Slap the Cap! The Role of Capnography in EMS (6 hours) 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Register for class.
CHI / St. Lukes Stroke Lab
*The March 22 Stoke Lab session is now full. Registrations submitted will now be placed on a wait list for the next session. Information on the next Stroke Lab will be posted as soon as it is available.*Presented by:
Chethan Rao, MD
Suzan Styron RN, CNRN, SCRN
The Pearland Fire Department will be hosting a training class on stroke education presented by the Neuroscience department at Baylor St. Luke’s and PHI Air Medical. Instructional methods to include hands on sheep brain dissection and interactive discussion.
Session objectives include:1. Review the importance of clear eligibility criteria for thrombectomy.
2. Explore endovascular treatments of stroke through simulations.
3. Discuss the importance of collaboration in diagnosis and treatment of AIS.
4. Develop an appreciation of the complexity of the brain through sheep brain dissection.