National Night Out is the nation's night out against crime. This year, Texas residents will celebrate the 34th Annual National Night Out on Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017. Every year, Pearland residents come out by the hundreds to join their neighbors at neighborhood block parties all across the city.National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support and participation in crime efforts
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police community relations
- Let criminals know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
During the event, residents in neighborhoods throughout Pearland and across the nation are asked to turn on their porch lights, lock their doors and spend the evening outside with their neighbors, police officers, firefighters and EMS paramedics. Events such as cookouts, block parties and neighborhood walks will all occur simultaneously throughout the city and nationwide.
You can join the National Night Out event by:
- Getting all of your neighbors to turn on their porch lights
- Organizing a block party or some type of neighborhood event
- Register your block party to schedule visits by Police, Fire, EMS and City Officials
- Register for National Night Out
Contact Officer Z. Davis for more information.