Mental Health Peace Officer
|FREE||3/2 - 3/6/2020 Class Is Full||8 a.m.||TBA||Pearland Police Department
Pearland, TX 77581
The purpose of the Mental Health Officer course is to further inform and educate the officer in the area of mental health and issues pertaining to serving as a mental health officer, to include advanced crisis intervention training.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements #4001
- Currently appointed as a peace officer or justice of the peace;
- At least two years experience as a peace officer or justice of the peace;
- If not currently a commissioned peace officer, an applicant must meet the current enrollment standards;
- If an applicant is a commissioned peace officer, an applicant must not ever have had a license or certificate issued by the commission suspended or revoked;
- If an applicant is a commissioned peace officer, an applicant must have met the continuing education requirements for the previous training cycle;
- Successful completion of a training course in emergency first aid and lifesaving techniques (Red Cross or equivalent); and
- Successful completion of the current mental health peace officer training course, pass the approved written examination for mental health officer proficiency, with a score of 80% or better, and pass the skills based exam with a grade of satisfactory.
- Currently commissioned Texas peace officers
40.00 Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Pearland Police Department / Training Division