Leak Adjustment Checklist
To qualify for an adjustment your account must meet the following requirements:
- The account has been active for at least one year prior to the leak.
- The consumption during the leak must exceed three (3) times your annual water consumption average.
- The leak cannot be in a sprinkler system.
If you believe that your account meets the requirements then follow the steps below to submit your request to the Water Billing & Collections department.
- Fill out the leak adjustment request form in either location or online. Leak Adjustment Request Form
- Submit the request form and all receipts of the repair of the leak to WB&C.
- WB&C will review your account and verify that it qualifies for an adjustment.
- You will be contacted in writing of what the decision is within 14 business days.
How We Adjust Qualified Bills for Leaks:
We bill your water on a tier system based on actual water consumption. If your account qualifies for a leak adjustment your account will be adjusted to the first tier. (Graph and example below)
How We Bill Your Water:
Inside City Limits
Outside City limits
|0 - 2000||$15.30 Flat Rate||$22.95 Flat Rate|
|2,001 - 6,000||$3.94 Per 1,000||$5.91 Per 1,000|
|6,001 - 15,000||$4.93 Per 1,000||$7.40 Per 1,000|
|15,001 - 25,000||$5.92 Per 1,000||$8.88 Per 1,000|
|25,000 +||$7.89 Per 1,000||$11.84 Per 1,000|
The example below is based off of water consumption of 28,500 gallons:
Lastly, here is a helpful checklist on how to detect and chase down leaks.