If you wish to receive weekly garage sale listings, click here to sign up.
Office hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Applications must be turned in to the permits office located at 3523 Liberty Drive during office hours. Garage Sale applications may also be accepted at our satellite office, located at 2555 Cullen Parkway (Utility billing payment center) .
Display and sale of merchandise, at a location used as a primary residence, either by a resident or several residents for the purpose of sale or resale to the general public must obtain a permit. Also included are yard sales, neighborhood sales, or any other similar activity.
Garage Sale Guidelines
- 2 garage sale events per year not to exceed 3 days per sale.
- City will provide 3 signs per event, & only those signs may be used to advertise.
- No more than 3 families per event.
- A fee of $20 shall be assessed for each event.
- Each participant in a community wide garage sale is required to have an individual permit.
Garage Sale Sign Placement
When obtaining a garage sale permit, the City provides sign placement guidelines. It’s important to follow these rules – otherwise, misplaced signs will be removed. For example, signs aren’t allowed in public rights-of-way or attached to utility poles, trees, public buildings, or street signs, and must posted no earlier than 5 a.m. on the first day of the event and removed by 8 p.m. on the final day of the event.